Universal Audio September 1, 2011 – Universal Audio’s Powered Plug-Ins v6.0 includes a complete overhaul of the UAD plug-in workflow in Pro Tools. UAD RTAS plug-ins are developed in-house for integration with Pro Tools.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the enhancements:
General RTAS Enhancements
- Removal of the FXpansion VST-to-RTAS adapter
- UAD plug-in names and preset folder names are corrected and no longer prefixed
- Preset menus display correctly for all UAD plug-ins
- Installation is substantially faster
- Plug-in name plates include clear short names for display in Mix and Edit windows
- Plug-ins can be sorted and displayed by category type as well as manufacturer
- Parameter values and ranges are now correctly defined and displayed in automation lanes (also improves control surface workflow)
- Correct parameter values are now displayed after reactivating plug-in window
- Pro Tools transport control (spacebar) now works properly under Windows operating systems
- Sessions are properly saved when adjusting UAD plug-in parameters
- “Compare” button works as expected for all UAD plug-ins
No more VST-RTAS Adapter for UAD
With UAD Version 6 you no longer need to scroll to the Wrapped Plug-Ins sub-folder and navigate though the entire list of UAD plugins.
Instead, your UAD plugins are now grouped along with all of your other plug-ins in their respective category folders.
For complete details, visit the UAD Pro Tools Compatibility page.